Wednesday, October 13, 2010

White Bean Dip

I made this as a quick pot luck dish for my friend Rebecca's birthday party.



Dip
3 cans White Beans (navy or northern) - drained and rinsed
1/2 head Roasted Garlic
1 small Onion - roasted and chopped
EVOO - about a 1/4 cup
1 small Red Bell Pepper - roasted and finely chopped
s/p
Crushed Red Pepper (CRP)

To Dip With
Pita - cut into triangles
Carrot Chips
Belgian Endive
Snow Peas
Cucumber - sliced
Radishes - thinly sliced


Blend the first three ingredients together, I used an immersion blender for this. A regular blender, food processor, or a potato masher will also work.

As you blend, slowly add a small steady stream of EVOO. Do this till the mixture is smooth and well blended.

Stir in the roasted pepper.

Season to taste with s/p and CRP.

Serve with veggies and breads.





This dip is easy, vegetarian, gluten free, and tasty stuff!

3 comments:

  1. How did you roast the onion? Sounds so good. I may put an onion on the pit next time to use in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to...but no food processor. Not even a blender. or masher. Woe is me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pit would work. I cut it into quarters, coated it in oil, and stuck it in a hot oven till soft and brown on the ends.

    PS The back of a wooden spoon would also work, just not as easy. You should buy a masher though. They're not to pricey. I bet you could find one at a thrift store.

    ReplyDelete