Monday, March 28, 2011

Tarragon Dijon Mustard Cream Sauce

This sauce is light, fluffy and creamy in texture and still packs quite a punch with it's flavor. It's super easy to prepare and will impress your guests. The cream is gluten free and vegetarian. It can be served over any cooked potatoes, vegetables, fish or meat. I want to try it on fried oysters next!



1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
spoonful White Balsamic Vinegar or Lemon Juice
2 spoonfuls (or to taste) Tarragon Dijon Mustard



Use an immersion or hand blender to whip the cream just until soft peaks form. Don't over whip the cream or you'll make butter. As soon as the cream forms soft mounds, it's done.



Add the vinegar.



Add the mustard.



Fold the mixture together. Don't over mix or the cream will fall.



Place the Tarragon Mustard Cream in a covered container and store in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight.



To add flavor and fun, add a dollop of cream to your favorite foods. It starts off thick, like ice cream, then it melts into the crevices of your food. So tasty! Let me know what you use the Dijon Cream on!


4 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with tarragon and had no idea tarragon mustard even existed. Must find! Did you get it off the internet? I'm going to try this use it on baked white fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the mustard in the cheese shop of a liquor store called Surdyk's. I found it online at Amazon for 5 bucks and a fancy place for 20. Here's the amazon link http://goo.gl/xVB16
    Or, I'm sure you could make your own tarragon Dijon!
    I'm glad you like the recipe and thank you for the feed back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin...nice blog. I looked but didn't find the recipe for those potatoes! They look amazing...will you share?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks deeeelicious! Brilliant! I love creamy sauces and have never tried a whipped savory sauce. I'm going to try it over homemade pasta.

    ReplyDelete